Wednesday, June 24, 2009

What the heck!!! 2 pics from Hwy 141


The above pic was taken just SE of Norwood. I have no idea. I need to do some research on this. Anyone with any idea feel free to comment. It's fun passing by something completely new though. My jaw just dropped when I saw it. It's like a Dr. Suess creation. (More: After doing "The Google", I found this is known as “Ankole” in Uganda and “Watussi” in Rwanda and in Burundi. It came about through cross-breeding for thousands of years between the hump-backed and the long-horned Egyptian buffalo. Both males and females have looong horns, which can grow to over 8 feet (2.5 meters) in length. (more info here).



Then this, later on, on Hwy 141 between Gateway and Hwy 50. You got it right, a Nazi flag waving in the breeze. I was like, you have got to be kidding me! But there it was, flapping in the breeze. Not shown in this pic is that on the left side of this home, was displayed a huge American flag. So.....go figure. Had I seen this in Idaho, I'd be like, "Well, OK, I'd heard about that faction living there." But this is Colorado!

No comments:

Post a Comment