Saturday, July 25, 2009

Laramie, WY --> Lyons, CO RockyGrass!!!!!

From Laramie, WY we decided to just get the Lyons the most direct way and that meant taking 287 thru Fort Collins. That meant getting some time with our friend Andy. He put up some neat signs on the road that led us to his house via backroads, below is the first one we encountered.
.
Kiki had her first corn dog today and I mean ever! I guess the touring has finally opened up some cravings in her that she has been suppressing. She actually didn't know that corn dogs were wrapped in "Corn" bread until I made the connection to her that that was why they were called "Corn" dogs. We had a good laugh.
.
Got a great nights sleep and a great feed at Andy's house. How nice it is to land in friendly waters even after only 3 days of riding from the last festival.
.
Took backroads to Lyons from F.C. and have now arrived to the granddaddy of bluegrass festivals out west. Lots of "Lance Armstrong" types on the roads cycling past us without so much as a wave or a howdy. I find that a bit odd, but I guess that big city for ya (Say it isn't so Joe!). I've never seen tents packed so tight as this year at RockyGrass. You literally cannot walk through the sea of tents with out hurting yourself on a guy line.
.
Well, the library in Lyons is not offering long computer time, so I'll have to add more tidbits later. We'll be heading to friends in Boulder for visits on July 27-30th and then it's about 250 miles back to CB and the completion of the BBT. It's been a great "ride" and the lineup at RockyGrass is quite a reward for our efforts.

2 comments:

  1. It's been a great "ride" and the lineup at RockyGrass is quite a reward for our efforts.
    ___________________
    Julie
    Online Marketing of your brand

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


    ___________________
    Smarry
    Email Marketing Solutions

    ReplyDelete